As a kid, I remember having my mom drop me off at the library so I could rummage through the card catalog. I still have warm-and-fuzzy nostalgic feelings about spending hours pulling books off the shelves, checking the indexes, and finding exactly the pieces of information I needed. It’s a nice memory, but would I trade away the Internet to get another chance at flipping through musty drawers of tiny typewritten cards? No way. You’d have to be bonkers to go backwards and do research like that. I’d rather sit at home in my pajamas and access hundreds of sources online in seconds, thanks very much.
Innovation is a funny thing. We get so accustomed to doing something one way, that it never occurs to us that it could be different. Better. Think about all of the things we used to consider perfectly fine until we figured out a better way:
- Driving to the store to rent a movie (RIP, Blockbuster)
- Placing a personal ad in the newspaper
- Pulling over to make call from a pay phone
- Planning a route using a tri-fold city map
- Sending a fax
- Looking numbers up in the Yellow Pages
- Listening to music on a Walkman
- Checking out what’s on tonight in the TV Guide
- Using a typewriter with a bottle of Wite Out handy
- Checking spelling using a dictionary
- Looking facts up in an encyclopedia
- Keeping business contacts in a Rolodex
- Calling the theater for showtimes
- Making a mixtape
At one point, someone asked: Why isn’t there a better way? Then they changed the game.
That’s what we did for the cloud at Sunshower.io.
People used to think it was okay to be surprised by their cloud bill, or to spend hours, sometimes days, sometimes months, deploying applications. We used to find it totally acceptable to ask developers to become experts in how to deploy their software, while still … you know … finding the time to actually write said software. Not anymore. Sunshower.io has all the tools you need to work with the cloud faster, simpler, and more efficiently than ever before. We’re a cloud management platform that’s dedicated to offering better cloud resource management strategies and simple cloud cost optimization tools.
Why take a boat across the ocean when you could fly? You have stuff to do, deadlines to meet. Check out our beta on DigitalOcean to see how we can offer you a more innovative cloud management system.